View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 09:34 AM

So are you saying arrow speed is the apples to apples comparison?

From what I have seen is most people usually have a few bows selected based on ibo or brand or hype.

For the most part I understand what you are saying but there are two schools of thought speed or shootablity. I doubt someone that can or normally shoots a 70 lb 360 is going to go down to 50 or 60 lbs because its still fast but shootability is better. Why not just buy the bow that you like and shoot it in the fashion it was designed??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
As mentioned above, they make a great product and both Zmathews and Elite have great customer service but....

With the performance both the HTR and the Energy are putting out at 70#, most bows can do at 60, or even 50#. I shot them, along with the Hoyt's (which I own a couple of), the PSE's, Primes and the Bowtechs, and out of all the ones I tried I ended up with the Bowtech 360. At 50# the 360 has the same performance as the HTR @ 70#, that's in real life speeds, not claimed IBO speeds.

This is just something to consider because most people test shooting a bow don't think about the speed the bow is putting out, but if you were to try a bow at 50# side by side with a bow at 70# and see which bow you prefer to shoot, and even compare the noise, I'm sure the 50# bow would be the winner. Both noise and vibration have a lot to do with the speed in which the string is moving, that's why slower bows seem so quiet and vibration free. To put it in perspective, take that HTR at 90# and shoot it side by side with a 360 set at 70# and see which bow you prefer to shoot, my guess is the 360 would be the winner.

I'm not trying to bash any bow, I'm just trying to put things into perspective. A lot of people pick a bunch of bows off the rack and try them out and focus on the weight, draw cycle, noise, and vibration, but never consider the actual arrow speed as part of the equation. Even though they might all be set to the same draw weight and draw length, it's still not comparing apples to apples.