View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 10:04 AM

Makes sense forsure, I got what you were saying initially. Unfourtunately its is a very hard comparison to complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Yes, I am saying arrow speed is the apples to apples.

I'm NOT saying speed be the deciding factor, which some people like to think.

If an arrow speed of 275fps is fine with you that's fine, but to say the draw cycle of an Elite is so much better than a PSE decree when both are set to 70# is fine, but it's not a fair comparison because the decree is way faster. You're pulling 70# when you only have to pull 50lbs.

Take two of the same model speed bows, any speed bows set one at 70# and one at 50# and shoot them side by side. Pay attention to the draw cycle, noise and vibration. The 50# bow will win in all categories accept speed. You will be able to hold that bow back on target forever if you're used to shooting a 70# bow. Now compare that bow to another bow that's not a speed bow but within the same actual arrow speed and repeat the comparison. I'm not saying the 50# bow will win in every category, but it might, and it will be a fair comparison between the two.

Are you starting to see what I'm trying to convey here? It's not about the fastest bow, it's about comparing bows at the same speed. Whether you want to admit it or not, speed is an advantage in archery. If not just to have a faster arrow, speed lets you achieve a higher KE for hitting power for those not so perfect angles.