View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 09:07 AM

Thanks again for the advice. My dogs stay on the trails with me at all times. They are not dogs that use their noses to find things thankfully. I am glad to know about all the information you have provided me. Again I mention my dogs are not the typical city dogs that run all over and roam with their owner.

I also have decided to stay on the Rockyview MD side of things in my area, where trap lines are not set. May as well play it safe rather then hit K country and risk anything. With all the snow out here, I would rather stay on well packed trails, rather then plow through waist deep snow.

I do understand what you guys do, although I feel sorry for the animals... but you were around long before me, and trappers started building this country. I moved out here so I would not have to experience changes and listen to all the things people whine about in the city. The last thing I am going to do is complain about something that has always been here.

This is the greatest place to live, because it is pretty untouched in many areas. I can go out hiking all day and never see a soul... I now know you guys are out there, and will be more mindful. It scared me half to death when I first heard about the trap lines, but life is normal as it always was. I just learned something new. Better to be out there with nature and be prepared for such things then be ignorant.

Thanks again for the endless advise, it is really appreciated.