Thread: Advice Please
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 08:01 AM

Default Advice

The best piece of advice I could give you is stick with it. I have been fly fishing for over 30 years and still have days you describe. Some of the water you named are/can be finicky creeks at the best of times.

The best piece of advice I ever received was watch before you fish. Study the water, the bugs coming off at certain times of the year, time and date you are out etc...and keep track of this info. All of this will honestly help unlock each creeks little secret. Once you can figure it out, the fishless days become few and far between (but will still happen).

Other things that can assist you is search articles, videos, local advice on the watersheds you fish..not necessarily where but how in terms of hatches, best times.

When I first started out I also enlisted the services of a guide for a day. I learned more in that day then I would have on my own in a month of fishing the water I was guided on. Since then I have been able to take what I have learned on that particular river, tweak it and be successful on other watersheds.

And yes A Horrible Day Fishing still beats a good day at Work.

Good luck to you.