View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
You are joking I hope.

Remove photos that don't meet who's interpretation of what the regulations recommend?

It is you the members who hold the torch when it comes to educating other members, you dropped that torch so it has been taken away from you.

Ever since the opening of this site you have had the opportunity to educate when you believed someone was not handling a fish in a way that would increase survival rates.

But far too many took the opportunity to be insulting, condescending and downright rude. That is not educating people, that is abusing people.

And that is why this rule exists.

This site lives or dies by the actions and words of it's members.

You want it to improve, then look in the mirror. What can you do to make things better?

Can you not feed the trolls? Can you be civil when you are angry? Can you let people have their own opinions?

Each and every one of us have a part in whether this site lives or dies.
As a moderator I can assure you, my best efforts will not make it happen.

As a team, us moderators can not make it happen.

There are eight moderators and 44,000 members.

I am lucky if I can spend an hour a day moderating this site.
In that time I have to answer PMs, look for violations on 136,971 threads containing 1,887,098 posts and respond to anywhere from 2 to 50+ complaints a day.
I have to delete dead threads in the buy sell section, sometimes as many as 100 or more a day. I have to try to intervene to keep one or more threads from going off the track and I have to boot up to a dozen Spammers a day.

And you want me and the others to find every last instance of poor fish handling techniques.

Let me ask you, are you willing to take full and sole responsibility for policing all fishing photos? Do you have the time it would take to find every last one? Are you prepared to become the most hated individual in AOs history?

There could be an opening there for the right person.
Just keep in mind, no matter what you do, someone is going to complain.
Literally dead on. No matter who you're dealing with if its grown men or women, people are always going to find the time to complain and think that their rude and negative comments will change the world.