View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
Yes there is no suspension.

Didn't bother with the light weight.

Only going to be pulling it short distances from my cabin to the lake on gravel road to lake. Each trip there and back will be less then a mile.

I looked at the same design with the cable/winch. On another forum for fishing back east where they use these drop shacks alot, multiple guys talked about the cable/winch system screwing up one way or another over time. Then your kinda hooped. With the screw jacks the worst that can happen is a jack breaks and you go grab the jack from another corner since they are the same.

Shekka pretty much hit it on the head on what the benefit of the shack is over a pop up.

I look at it like camping, Tent vs Trailer. Surprising how much more the kids/wife will go out in a trailer compared to just owning a tent and trying to get them to go out on a regular basis.

The dry floor, wood stove and everything being setup will be bliss for the days when its -20 and windy and i'm looking out the window at the guy trying to set up his pop up tent....
I am with ya 100%. I looked at the cable winch and a bunch of other designs, but what really got me was the simplicity of the design in those pics I posted. jack the trailer up a bit to take the weight off, pull the pins out of the ends of the leaf springs and then lower it down. No cables/pulleys to jam. So that is what I have decided to go with.

I already have a 6x12 tent and Mama and the kids enjoy that, but I think they will love it even more when there is a nice solid floor, comfy seats, woodstove, etc. in a hardwall shack. Plus, I have my elderly father who still likes to get out but is severely mobility challenged and has only so many fishing days left in him...so I am taking that into consideration.

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015