View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 05:42 AM

Have hunted alone a few times but I look at hunting as a social activity and not just the act of hunting. I find hunting in itself very spiritual, I've had very few hunting buddies, hunted with my BIL till he passed and my current hunting buddy for 36 years and my has joined us the last 7 years...…..I've spent nights alone out in the woods, especially when bow hunting elk. If we've chased a herd bull and his harem till night fall, I've chosen to bed down with them just to keep them within range, plus the sound of a bull bugling through the night is mystical...…..

I'm one of those guys that lives by the motto, "plan for the best but prepare for the worst" and contents of my backpack pretty much shows it. Although the hunt for elk during archery season are usually for the day, I have enough stuff in my pack for that "just in case situation". There is no way I'm packing an elk out anyway so I carry what I need or may need...…..

I've spent many nights out in the woods some by choice and some not. And yes amazing how a darn mice or two can make more noise then a bull elk charging in to ward off another bull; or a bear woof sound so darn loud from 20 feet; or the bellar of a moose feel like an earthquake...…...