View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 06:12 PM
Banned

i've done it pretty basic off the old botw formula, collect your drop data and your atmospheric and velocity on the day of collection, zero needs to be dead on as you say, then even using basic online ballistics calculators you can back calculate a 'true bc' so your profile can then work out to much further, if i collect data from 200 yrd zero out to 500-550 yards then i've dialed up out to 930 and landed within a few inches of point of aim, further to that, during the test i knew at that distance i had an extra thousand/maybe two thousand feet of elevation to correct for, 1 click for every 1000' was the rot i used and in actual practice i would have been fine to leave it alone, i over compensated, had i left it alone i would have damn near hit exactly my poa on the 930 yrd test

i set my data, or in this case 'speed dial turrets' up for 5000' elevation and 5 degrees C and they get me out to those distances even at sheep elevations, do well on the cold stuff for coyotes too, looked at a lot of data and examples to land on that setting and i've seen no reason to change for the 3700-9000' ranges i hunt