View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
Nice work ABD! Great job man! Feels great now that it's done I bet!! Now all we need to do is get them out and have a fish off!!

Did it turn out like you had hoped? anything you would've done differently?

I recommend you place it on blocks, not directly on the ice. Both times I have used my shack the blocks were frozen solid to the ice, after just a day's fishing.

How much was your total cost, including your heating system?

As for dimensions, I was fly by night. I designed it as I built it, I would like to see any plans that you built though. Thanks for the post man, great thread.

TFG

My costs were pretty acurate to that little spreadsheet I put together at the top of the forum. The big buddy heater I bought a few weeks ago, for somewhere around $150.00

I didn't do any plans, just in my head. I could draft some up I suppose. I used those websites for reference as well.

I'm pretty happy how it turned out, only problem I'm having is trying to figure out the spreader bars for the roof and keeping the walls up. Still trying to figure that one out. I really like the canvass from Princess auto though, pretty good stuff.

Good point about the blocks. I might get 3 or 4 4x4's to put it on when I'm driving. If I'm dragging it out, might take a little tiger torch to help unfreeze it.