View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 04:34 PM

I’m no oilers fan but the one thing I can tell you looking at some of their contracts I need to talk to Darnell nurses agent about negotiating raises for me at work. I have no idea what made them think that number and term was a good idea, he’s maybe a 5-6 million a year player at best, that one contract alone will haunt them for years unless he somehow drastically improves. Everyone is always harping about the goalie but ever since chris pronger left they put out one of the worst defensive corps in the league, that needs to be addressed before goaltending because not sure if you’ve paid attention but the moment a goalie leaves Edmonton they typically look a lot better elsewhere, probably has something to do with the crew in front. As far as their other players up for a new contract if they do decide to sign Kane there better be some way out of it without penalty or I’d not look at more than 1-2 years tops, the man is too much of a risk to try and lock down long term. They’ve already got their back against the wall with the nurse contract one more that could easily go south would signal a rebuild immediately and mcdavid and draisaitl would want out.