View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Fighter View Post
The fan running has nothing to do with the ignition of the burner flame. It’s purpose is to blow cold air across the combustion chamber and out the opposite end of the heater with warm air. If the temperature switch doesn’t work it can be jumpered which allows the fan to run all the time. The only way to turn it off is to unplug the power cord. For the burner to ignite you need the proper fuel pressure, airshutter setting, and proper spark on the ignition electrodes. Also check to make sure your extension cord has the proper polarity. This can cause weird things to happen with the burner cycle. I’ve repaired hundreds of cords with reverse wires in the plug. Also use a 10, or 12 gauge extension cord for proper voltage supply.
You would think it has nothing to do with it.. I thought maybe it was blowing some air by the combustion motor and making it get to much air? I did feel some air moving there when I had my hand there. Maybe the burner has to be started first with the wires hooked up to the switch and then taken off and jumped? I unhooked the wires from the switch and used the jumper wire again and it did not light with the fan on. It only lights with the fan off witht eh wires on the switch.