View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 03:28 PM

Default More Truck Issues

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi.

When we had that cold snap before Christmas my battery got pretty frozen and truck wouldn't start. Finally got it started and checked battery with muti-meter and all looked good. Ended up being my starter. Replaced that.

Recently I did replace the PCV valve myself. Put everything back together and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary and no warning lights came on. Been like that for over a month.

Now when I start the truck it starts fine with no dash warning lights. Idles fine. Drive it around for 5 minutes and I get the red lightning bolt come up on the dash. Truck still drives fine. Will go into cruise control no problem. Just stupid light on the dash.

Pulled the throttle body off today and cleaned it good. Put it back in and same thing. Red lightning bolt after about 5 minutes of driving. Truck still runs fine. I have also tried resetting the throttle position sensor multiple times.

I have a small scanner. No codes. Took it to the shop and had it scanned. Said it was something to do with the throttle body. Before I replace the throttle body just seeing if anyone has any other tricks to try? It is an electronic throttle body if that helps.