View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffy71 View Post
It's just so odd that of all the companies in this world, phone companies seem to always be the most devious.

I've been a TELUS customer at my business for years, yeah a lot of that is due to inertia on my part. It's old wiring in the building I lease in, and my computer needs have grown. So I worked with TELUS, but they said fiber is years away so you will have to go with SHAW. They literally told me I need to go somewhere else for what I need, they couldn't provide it.

So 3 months later I'm still paying for internet from Telus, and have to ask them AGAIN to cancel it, and now I am waiting for confirmation they will reimburse for 3 months of useless charges.

On top of that, I have had a Telus e-mail for years and years, and a few years back Telus said they were shifting all emails to gmail. So what happens this week? My e-mail with google disappears, cause Telus cancelled it. It never occurred to me they would, I thought it was with Google. They didn't say a word of warning. it just disappeared.

Why do these companies act like this??

Seems odd to me you are still paying for a service you say you cancelled 3 months ago . Personally, if I cancel something I make darn sure I am not paying for it anymore whether they bother to act on it or not.

Not paying the bill is a great way to get their attention if they are ignoring you.