Thread: Scotch
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Racks View Post
Chateau does indeed have the 6.3, along with the 6.1 and another (forget which).

Just stopped by there and grabbed a couple bottles of wine, along with a 21 yr Aberfeldy. Had a sample of the 6.3 and it was a mouthful, phenomenal stuff. Filed it away for another day though. Then went and grabbed a bite to eat, the whole time the Octomore was calling me back, lol. Sooo, back to Chateau I went for the second time in an hour. Poof, there goes my slush fund for the week (month?). Hey, you only live once, right?

I opened one of mine a while ago, and have enjoyed a bit of it, and still have another put away. You won't regret having it I'm sure. On another note, a new favorite is the Highland Park Dark Origins. A friend brought it to a tasting we do, and it won the straw poll for the night so I bought one. Well worth the price (sub $100). Sweet and smoky, a great combination. And the color is amazing too, long legs, great long chocolate and spice finish.

http://highlandpark.co.uk/shop/highl...-dark-origins/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone