View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
Why didnt you just come out and say it in your post?? And for the record the guy in the article knows nothing on metis or metis harvesters as is clear from his tiny article.

This has been discussed in length many times already and the discussion never goes well.

I think someone posted that there were maybe 2000 harvesters max. Also on top of that its next to impossible for most metis to prove pre 1900 lineage to get harvesting rights.

It's clear you need to research things a bit more if you want an understanding of the topic thats based on facts.

It sounds to me like you are a Métis Harvester. From what I’ve run into so far it’s not very difficult to be approved just based on the many people I know who didn’t identify as Métis until this law got passed. Alberta Fish and Wildlife also put out a statement saying they are concerned about it as there wasn’t any consultation with them or the public. This was passed so quietly between the NDP government and Métis Nation of Alberta. And that harvester number is increasing very quickly since this went through. You can turn a blind eye if you choose, but it is cause for concern In my opinion.