View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 11:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram94 View Post
It sounds to me like you are a Métis Harvester. From what I’ve run into so far it’s not very difficult to be approved just based on the many people I know who didn’t identify as Métis until this law got passed. Alberta Fish and Wildlife also put out a statement saying they are concerned about it as there wasn’t any consultation with them or the public. This was passed so quietly between the NDP government and Métis Nation of Alberta. And that harvester number is increasing very quickly since this went through. You can turn a blind eye if you choose, but it is cause for concern In my opinion.
Oh look you know someone who's approved all of a sudden?? Oh ok then. That's how all the rumours start and that's how the last thread went as well with people claiming their friends got harvesting with no issues. The lineage is next to impossible to prove for most people who think they have some metis ancestry.

If you read the original thread on this exact topic you'll see I shared a lot of issues/concerns with metis harvesting. In fact I posted about metis harvesting negotiations that were happening but the admins here deleted it.

Then when things were passed people were upset they weren't informed when the reality was there were lots of notifications and the admins here deleted the posts.

Feel free to continue with whatever narrative works for you tho.