View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
When this goes on draw you do realize that the Outfitters will then be allowed to hunt with clients south of highway 1 which right now there are no outfitter tag allocations south of highway 1 as this is for residents only. It also won't be good for sheep health as there could be a risk of disease and trophy quality wouldn't likely increase as most people would more then likely shoot the first ram they seen as there wouldn't be no curl requirement. More sheep means more chance of disease. Right now as it stands I'm going to say that 90% of the Rams that are harvested each year are guys that have harvested they're first ram as most guys that have harvested a ram are only going to harvest a ram that is larger than they're last ram. All that is being done is taking away resident opportunity to hunt sheep and make more opportunities for nonresident as Outfitters will gain more tags with the south country open to more allocations if it were to go on a draw. So if your all about taking away resident opportunity and punishing the guys who take the time to really get to know how to hunt sheep then yea put it in draw. The WSF is all for a draw as a couple of the board members are guides and Outfitters. Go on there website and look up the board members. It tells a bit about themselves under their names.
Outfitters are already operating south of Hwy.1 They're guiding resident sheep hunters. Lots of them.

I'm curious why you say that a draw would result in non-resident allocations being opened up for south of Hwy 1. That's the first of heard of that. Can you elaborate?

There's two directors on the WSFA website that mention ties to sheep outfitting. One comes from an outfitting family, and his only involvement is to help guide a hunt or two every year. The other is an actual outfitter, but I know for a fact that he has no sheep allocations, so he would not benefit from a sheep draw. With that said, again, I'm curious why you keep saying that WSFA is pushing for a draw. Do you have anything to substantiate that? Or is it just your own theory?