View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 08:45 PM

Wow this thread has gone crazy......gotta love it....

Some amazing points made....Stinky I would agree that you need to step back and take a thought about what you are saying. Maybe read some more and gain a better understanding of sheep hunting. Most people here who have commented are very very knowledgeable about firearms, and most are even more knowledgeable about sheep hunting. I think you need to understand that sheep hunting is tough....very tough. If you think you'll find rams on every mountain, you're wrong. Once you become a true sheep hunter, you'll realize that the blood, sweat, sights, preperation, and hard work are all just as important as the gun you're shooting. Mess it up by taking a long bomb, and its not fun. I know I would be devistated. By talking about taking 600 yards at sheep, you're pretty much talking like a shooter, and DEFINATLY not a sheep hunter. Get out and experience a sheep hunt, and I promise you'll have a different respect for the animals.

I think its easy enough to judge rams, but I've done quite a bit of it. Are you really confident in your judging rams yet? Confident enough to shoot one at 600 yards and walk up and find that your ram is short?

How far does your 270 drift with 20kmh wind and what is the exact drop at 600 yards? What about 620?

I think I should stay outta this one too....but theres something about your comments that make it seem like you think sheep hunting is an easy game, and as long as you find one, you can shoot it at any range. Maybe I'm reading too deep into your posts, but as a person who has hunted for 5 years and hasnt killed a ram (and I've worked my ass off in the hills) I find it a bit disrespectful.....

Meh.....interesting thread.....