View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm a tad curious as to why you wont give a Rilfe Rodeo a try, if the pressure of competition gets to you how the heck do you cope with the sheep fever?
Well thats the thing. Never shot a 3d before and never shot a powder burner contest before either. You've all heard the stories about the range pro's in camp and they can't hit the broadside of anything alive but shoot the nuts off a flea at 500 right? Or the ole boy and his 'one gun' who misses nothing alive but probably never shot a piece of paper in his life. If i were to shoot at any type of competition i'd have no predictions whatsoever as it would be brand spankin new to me, pressure and all....but put me in the field chasing critters etc. and its like old home and i'll compete with anyone there....but i prefer me against the critter so i wouldn't be paying much attention to any other competition anyhow.

For my archery...have no idea how well i might be able to do in a 3d, been asked to do it many times, i have a 50 yrd range i can shoot daily and then to shoot longer i just drag my target around with me until i hit a piece of land (Dad's place or whatever field i land in somewhere etc.) and set up target and rangefind and practice the other shots. I concentrate alot on what my first shot is at the longer ranges...not necessarily the groups...which aren't terrible but its that first one that counts so i build my confidence on that one most. So i'll watch my first shot for weeks on end until i'm happy with where the pin is and my consistency grows with that practice. I'll do it first thing in morning, last thing in day etc. just to do what i can to simulate that one shot afield...stiff, not warmed up etc. to warm and ready and everything in between. Anyhow...i digress...