View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Well thats the thing. Never shot a 3d before and never shot a powder burner contest before either. You've all heard the stories about the range pro's in camp and they can't hit the broadside of anything alive but shoot the nuts off a flea at 500 right? Or the ole boy and his 'one gun' who misses nothing alive but probably never shot a piece of paper in his life. If i were to shoot at any type of competition i'd have no predictions whatsoever as it would be brand spankin new to me, pressure and all....but put me in the field chasing critters etc. and its like old home and i'll compete with anyone there....but i prefer me against the critter so i wouldn't be paying much attention to any other competition
You know what the diffrence is between this "range pro" and someone who talks BS all the time is?

These:

I've heard all the BS your spouting about old guys never going to the range and how you can't hit paper but always hit game, and it's that BS.
The old boys who never hit the range usually shoot their game at sub 100yd distances, because they are better hunters instead of shooters, and the hitting paper myth is just that, a myth, I've seen on numerous occasions how the can't hit paper crowd can't hit game either, or how they conveniently leave out the part about how many misses they have had.

Not every hunter is a shooter, nor is every shooter a hunter, but for the situations you want to get into you better hope your both.

There are no absolutes