View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 01:48 PM

I tend not to disbelieve that target. It is probably doable. Running a 38-55 to 2100 in a model 94 is probably doable. Definitely working on the edges, but, probably doable. A Soule sight will give ability to sight that far, Pressures are certainly up there a ways, in the very high risk zone, but, it is quite probably possible that it can be done that way.
I've shot 170gr 30cal 311041 PB's @ 1400, that always keyholed at 200, that shot 2" bench groups out there, it doesn't matter how the bullet gets there, as long as it goes the same way every time. 36 clicks up to 300 and they still worked, still hitting paper at that range, wouldn't call it a group, but, it was there, on paper.
The other guys were shooting it as well, some a lot better than I was doing, with similar equipt, which would be a little safer pressurewise than using a 94 in the same scenario as Rman did.
My only question might be, how many shots it actually took to get the required number on target, when shooting offhand. Get a day when the wind is right and you can do no wrong, all the shooting spirits dialed in, it could be done.
I have absolutely no intention of trying it myself, I know I am not capable of it, but, do know of some people who, may have seen this sort of shooting done, may even have tried it themselves.