View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 08:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin View Post
oh yeah, full on is correct. I have an area in which i have hunted over the years. Its a full mile walk in and the herd take about 3 different routes thru the area going to their bedding grounds for the day. In that spot i sit in i have had twice the herd pop over the road and come right to me on a string. Both times within 30 seconds or so pickups out on the road, guns out the window, guns off the hood, shots fired at the herd while running dead straight away. texas heart shots all the way. very dangerous and i quit going there. i had a couple of the neighbours that we would shoot a quick text to if i was in an area and they were on the other side of the 1/4 and stuff like that in which works great. not anymore tho. one thing that was brought up in conversations is that guys would say it was those 'city guys'. don't know anything blah blah. but these folks were most always locals and neighbours. when confronted they would outright lie to your face. then run and duck when i told them how many got out and shot, how many shots, colour of coats and truck. one thing i have learned over the years is that there is always someone watching. it aint worth it.
I watched the Barrhead John Deere rep in the company truck fly across a field chasing a herd of elk shooting out of the truck, one of the most reckless things I've ever seen, and it happened with a company vehicle. I can't believe how stupid people get over elk.