Thread: 26 Nosler
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post

in the calculator it's going to have a minimum impact velocity the same as the creedmoor but at least 300 yards further...

I always use the 1600 fps min impact velocity as a worst case max potential and the creedmoor goes 850 yards, the nosler 1150 yards...but you can compare other things too, pbr would be one to consider for your preferences and or you just like to smash things with higher than required velocities in normal ranges, and how much powder to burn to do either job etc.
After decades of hunting I've come to the realization that 800yd shots are never a part of the equation when harvesting game for me. I like to shoot targets at long range, but I don't spend the time practicing nor do I have the proper equipment to attempt long range shots on game.

There are hunting shows like "the best of the west" which are based on long range shooting. They make long range shooting look easy but in reality there is a very small percentage of hunters who have the proper equipment and can pull those types of shots off consistently.

The biggest advantage the 26 Nosler has over the Creedmoor is its pbr. If you're not very good at judging distance, or you don't have a range finder it will help take away the error from miscalculated ranges.

The 26 Nosler is faster, there is no doubt about it but it comes at a price. Look at the speed of the projectile and what it's capable of at any given speed because they both shoot the same projectile.