View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7mm View Post
If you want to hunt for them specifically best chances of getting one is finding a den. I had a chance at one a few years back but of course i thought I had one uptop, which turned out to be an empty chamber!!! Lil fella got down into his lair and after that close call, could not find him. Sat over that hole for days watching..... waiting but nothing. He was a VERY nice 3X4!

As far as locations go, you have to find an area with a large overlap of WT deer and jack rabbits. If there is an apple tree or some other kind of fruit tree in the area that is a great localized start point. Fermented fruit lowers the animals inhibitions resulting in one night stands. They are a wiley animal and definatly require you to hold your tounge just right while persuing these critters. If you do manage across one, make sure your shot is good and true. A wounded bear looks like a tame bug compared to a wounded lope. They become super aggressive and being already fast they can strike from all angles before you can get a new round uptop. Be safe out there
Lmfao this is good reading as good as the sheep hunter vs trappers vs wolves.