View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 02:12 AM

We tried to spend some time targeting Lake Trout, but that didn’t pan out so well. I did figure out a way to mount the Panoptic Transducer to my canoe, we did see activity down there, but no bites.

We did go catch some grayling for supper though.

So, the girls got bored of no action when looking for lakers, so they went off exploring. Brother and I packed it in a little while later. I rode back into camp a bit later, not expecting anything….
I didn’t see anyone right off, shut the quad off, and the next thing I hear is screaming, like a lot of screaming…..
I’m not one to panic easily, but I must say I think I was heading in that direction for a moment. I couldn’t see anyone and no dog, no barking……
Then the screaming turned to laughing mixed with screaming…….
I pulled my helmet off, something caught my eye……. Up in a tree….
The 3 girls were up at the top of a freakin tree.
Have you ever had a double spike of adrenaline? Like you think something very bad is happening, that tingling spike of adrenaline fires through you, then you realize there is laughter and the tingling fades to heat, then you see your kids precariously perched in the top of a pine tree and that adrenaline fires through you again….. that can mess a guy up.
Anyway, once I collected myself together I as like “What in the hell is going on here?”
Their reply:
Are you ready for this????

“We’re trying to shake each other out of the tree”

I was once told that “It’s easier to keep girls alive than boys”
I’m no longer confident in that statement…..

Where was my wife, you might ask….
She was off walking with the dog, taking pictures.

Rd