View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 03:18 AM

Ok, last one. My wife and girls were headed home the next day, brother and I were staying a couple extra days. I asked my wife to Airdrop any good pics to me from her phone. She handed me her cell and said just take what you want.
Ok.
I was surfing through her pics, my gawd she takes a tone of pictures. Anyway, as I scrolled to what was obviously the start of her trip up to see us I find some rather disturbing images. Pictures of the girls hanging out of the truck windows, hair blowing in the wind, tongues hanging out like hounds in a hurricane. Pictures of the girls laying on top of wife’s truck canopy with fingers gripped to the little boat rack bars….
I’m like WTF is this as I hold the phone up to wife?????????

She has that deer in the headlights look.
“ oh, you weren’t supposed to see those….”

“Hmmmm, I can see why I wasn’t supposed to see them”

So I turned to the girls and asked if there was anything on their phones that I shouldn’t see, they almost tripped all over each other trying to show me their pictures.

Pictures of them on top of one of the old collapsed buildings.
Pictures of them at one of the old houses, they got inside, stacked a chair on a table, accessed the house attic, forced their way through the roof and took pics of each other up there.
Pics of an old underground cement tank, it had an open man way, they climbed down the rusty old metal ladder rungs to explore that ( I was like “ DOUBLE FACE PALM”). So, yes, I had to run through the whole toxic gas thing in deep, dark holes with them…… AGAIN.
The craziest part of those pictures was that they were ALL taken in the dark. The girls were exploring old fallen buildings and underground tanks IN THE DARK. I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t catch me dead in any of those places after sunset.
Sometimes I wonder what I’ve done wrong, or if I’m doing something wrong ( the old house they found was almost 11km from our camp, and they went there alone in the dark ).

Well, there you have it. The bare bones of another family trip. Wife and girls went home the next morning, brother and I stayed a bit longer. There is tons of other pictures and video, I might try to add more to this post later if I can find the energy.

Have a great day people

RD