View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 06:57 AM

Shoot in your basement if you don't want any extra hassle. When I shoot in the basement, I can get 10 yards to my target. I concentrate on shooting 3 different marks on my 18-1 Rinehart, that way I'm not grouping so tight and ruining arrows or fletching.

I may/may not have shot in my backyard, but I'm on the edge of a subdivision with nothing beyond my back fence except for open field (and a busy road). But I still don't want Murphy to play into it if I might be shooting in the backyard and have an arrow leave my property. The good news is that both my neighbors know what my hunting passions are and I don't think they would say anything, but why push it if I don't have to?

If I want to shoot beyond the 10 yards in the basement, it's a 10 minute drive to get out on an undeveloped GRA to shoot at my own target. The only bad part about that is I have to take my truck, as I'm usually cleaning up someone else's garbage that they were too lazy to bring to the dump (but that's a totally different rant...)

J.