View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight01 View Post
For sure we will have to hit the river one day

How far did you go with your jon boat?
Basically everywhere up here. Early season in high water was never an issue but come Sept-Oct when water levels got lower I’d start to hit the rear of the pump. So light and relatively slow though the motor would just kick up with no damage.

I went as far south as the Cascade Rapids on the Athabasca a few times. I don’t know if I would recommend that in a small Jon though. Getting through Mountain Rapids was a bit hairy and I turned around there a few times when the water wasn’t right.

I also boated the Firebag quite a few times. A small boat was great there because you could launch it right on the Firebag and save the two hour run up from Barge Landing that a bigger boat would need to take.

I still see my old Jon pulled up to the beach at Pedon’s Point across from Mac Island once in a while. I’d consider buying it back if it ever came up for sale it worked that well. I’d consider buying my Explorer back that I just sold if it came up for sale too so maybe I just have a hard time letting go...lol.