View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 12:05 PM

I was fishing topwater plugs on Windermere for bass, suddenly a bunch of seagulls dive down towards my plug. One picks it up and gets hooked in the lip (turns out they have a bit of skin insidethe beak) I fight this bird and land it (wierd fight half sky half water). Then I get my wife to pop the hook free while I tame the bird on the flooor of the boat. Now I am thinking this can't possibly happen twice, so I take anothert cast. I look up as I twitch the bait on the surface and notice a Perigrine Falcon eyeing my bait. I stop moving it thinking it won.t attack a dead bait. Too late the Falcon is in full dive mode, I stare in awe as it picks up my bait in its talons and off it goes. I have never had line scream off my reel so fast in my life. So I grab the spool to stop the falcon from taking all my line from the reel, SNAP!! the lure is free. The Falcon took a couple more beats of his wings and must of realized this thing did not feel real, so it let go. I pulled the boat over to my lure put it in the box and went with a spinner bait, I figured a 2 bird limit was plenty for me.

Alex Kreis