View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
I'm assuming that's spine weight, are arrows not measured in grains? The arrows have a numerical designation, either 300 or 200 on them. They're 27 1/4" from insert to end of nock. My broadheads are Muzzy brand with 100 (grains?) marked on them. I have small game heads that are the same weight.

My bow is a Bowtech Equalizer, 2008 or 2009 vintage. I believe the draw weight is 50lbs, but it's been so long I can't remember for sure. No idea what the draw length is.

Sorry for the dumb questions, I've been out of the archery thing for a long time. Might I be best served by taking it all down to a local archery shop and having them give everything the once over?
Not dumb questions. You’re just a little off the mark. Coil nailed it for you. The 200 and 300 designate spine of the shaft. Or stiffness if you will. Each one of those shafts will have a number followed by “gpi”. That number designates grains per inch of arrow. Best to actually weigh them but you can get a close figure of the weight by multiplying the length of your arrow by the gpi measurement. Add 100gr for your point and whatever weights for your insert, fletchings, nock and cresting if they are applied.

I don’t have an arrow chart handy but 200 and 300 seems excessively over spine based on your draw length and weight as well as components. Not necessary as the information is all out there but you might be better off taking it to a shop. Ask lots of questions. Get the info soaking into the thinker.

Last edited by Big Lou; 07-17-2020 at 08:27 PM. Reason: WildBill beat me to it.