View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
This is why I have tremendous respect for Steve Rinella - not only is he intelligent, open minded and articulate - a true ambassador for all of us hunters and sportsmen - he is OPEN to criticism and open to discuss and air our own dirty laundry and self reflect on what we can do better.

On another point, the "TV Hunters" who take multiple big game hunts and are backed by big money don't reflect who many of us are - however - if it's not them doing it - someone else will. It would be tough to be compelling on a season to season show if you weren't drawn for your bull elk tag that season .... filming a guy taking his 2-3 general tags per season would be a tough sell on TV.

I still watch and listen to meateater but the more I do, the further they get from what they started as. They show more and more that they are a company trying to grow Hunter numbers for a profit. It’s becoming less about the hunt and more about buying their gear (firstlite, fhf, etc). To me a lot of it seems to be more about creating a legacy for themselves and not for what they claim to stand for. Steven was anything but articulate in the conversation with his brother. Unfortunately neither was Matt, but I feel as though he came out of the gun like that because Steve can easily railroad him and his voice wouldn’t really be heard. I read the article before the podcast came out and I agree 100 % with what he speaks too. I post the odd thing on social media about hunting but I won’t be posting an animal ever again. I know it won’t effect anything but it’s a personal choice. Just my 2 cents.