View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 10:23 AM

I am a ABA life member, have been a member for a long time. I dont remember the call to arms about the Parkland bowzone, I recall some information being sent out to all the membership with information as too where and when the meetings were to be held. I believe the other organizations were free to do the same for their membership, and as a responsible organization, should have done so.

I believe that the biggest "issue" with the ABA is its mandate to get information out to its membership about issues affecting bowhunting in Alberta, and to get their voice heard. About 90% + of the membership rifle hunts to some extent, maybe more. The ABA is about promoting and preserving bowhunting opportunities.

How has fighting for a piece of the mule deer pie hurt bowhunting here?
The ABA got defeated by a louder voice and the archery season in most units got lumped in with the rifle tags. How long between tags now? Just a question. And yes, the other voice is at the same table at the same meetings, and will be across the table or sitting beside the ABA rep at the next one.

As for the crossbow issue, has anybody else been watching the US game departments starting to move the crossbows OUT of archery seasons and into the General seasons due to the fact that in multiple states, the crossbow harvest has exceeded the hand held bow and arrow harvest?

If the people who will never belong to this or that organization, maybe you shouldn't be taking advantage of the opportunities created by the various user groups in the Province. That includes hunting in the designated bow zones, utilizing the archery season with which ever legal weapon you use, drawing a late season archery only tag, maybe even save your money and don't apply for the Cadomin tags. Those were a result of many meetings with F&W and multiple user groups, one of which is the ABA.

Don't like the direction of a particular group but like the related activity? Get involved and work towards getting it changed towards the betterment of all Albertan's, not just your particular belief's.

Goes for hunting, 3-D, shotgunning, fishing, quads, hiking etc

Welcome aboard Kyle

Terry