View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 12:28 PM
Banned

Fellas, before your blood pressure goes through the roof......

Last year in the second auction the grades were low like in this one. The good thing was, for me, that the lower grading fur sold for much more than pelts of the same grade in the first auction. My damaged fur sold for as much as two times more compared to what I got in the first auction. In the end, despite the lower grades, my average was slightly higher in the second auction than the first.

Here's what I'd suggest doing.......Print out your grades and mark down what the same pelts sold for at the last auction. Then divide the sum by the amount of pelts that you have in and it'll give you your potential average for this auction. With mine it was only $6 Canadian less than the first auction, not something that I'll get too worked up over considering that I made off like a bandit in the first auction.

If prices stay the same and my damaged pelts sell for more than what they sold for in the first auction like last year, my average should be better than the $6 difference. Also helping my lower grades was having a lot more grade MED, the preferred pelts in the last auction, where I had almost none last auction.

I guess what I'm saying is look past just the grades and enter dollar amounts to put things into perspective.

Last edited by HunterDave; 05-11-2018 at 12:46 PM.