View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7mm View Post
Haha, I had NO luck what so ever in 400, man is that a tough place to hunt!! I have a few good spots way back and hadnt seen much for sign this year in there.

I would much rather get permission in 305 and hike the same amount of KM but much easier km then in the 400 Im still fairly new at elk hunting, This season being my 3rd, so I am not very picky at all. Wanna fill my freezer hopefully with a bull before the season is out!!

On a side note or an update for my trip today, I had run into 3 small herds, all were deep in the trees, trying to keep out of the wind and snow I assume. All the visible ones were cows, Although after I bumped them (the first herd) to see if there where any animals I didnt see. They went the exact opposite way I wanted them too But I did see 3 extra sets of tracks walking away, dunno if they were cows too or possibly my elk lmao.
Much better this time out actually seeing some sign so fingers crossed next weekend I can find a bull and put some of that VERY VERY tasty meat in my freezer. I did remember my slingshot this time too, and put the drop on a few ruffies so I didnt come home empty handed for once lol.
Well at least you made it out today,unlike myself stuck @ work ...im not much of an elk hunter myself,but definatly will be in the future out there....The father in law has a hot spot! Come this spring ill be hanging my hat in Lethbridge and making wmu 400 and area my home....see you in the bush!