View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:53 PM

Default Jan. 07 2012

Coyotes's # 23,24,& 25 One of the girls at the office was saying she kept hearing a bunch of coyotes howling at night in two different bushes close to their house. Well I best check that out and this morning I park amongst their bales and walk a quarter mile to where I set up. I start the caller off with Jackrabbit distress and its not long before I have one come in from behind me. I swing around and see the mangy coyote is sitting down and just watching. I put the cross hairs on its chest and drop coyote #1 @ 205 yards.
After a bit I see another mangy dog working its way across the field to the bush I'm watching. This coyote has no hair on its tail and looks a mess, start the caller up again with Jackrabbit distress which turn the coyote my direction. It disappears in a draw and switch the caller over to Vole squeaks. I was a little surprised how quick the coyote showed up but turns out to be a different coyote which I let come to within 60 yards before dropping it. The Foxbang kicks in but never did see the rat tail coyote again. With two mangy dogs down I figured to leave the area and walk to the other bush and try my luck.
Set up in the shade of a round bale and start the caller, not long before a nice coyote pops out of the ravine but does not want to come across the field. I settle the cross hairs on its chest and a 259 yard shot has the third coyote down. The Foxbang starts (pup screams) and I let it play for half a minute before switching back to Vole squeaks... Another nice looking coyote pops out of the ravine (much closer than the first) and I settle the cross hairs on its chest and proceed to shoot and miss clean. Didn't take enough time I guess.