View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
UPDATE ....

Just got back. Lot's of rain, wind and low pressure systems blowing in from the south and east which limited our fishing, cooled off the water temp (by 10 degrees F) and made the trip challenging.

Found a few spots where we could literally see dozens and dozen of walleye scattering away from us and set up and casted everything right on top of them but they had zero interest. Drifted baits, jigged, bounced, you name it ..... it was slowwwwww.

Everyone in the group caught fish and catching pike wasn't an issue.

Had a good group of guys out there, some good neighbours and we had a few beers and a few good laughs .... I guess it was a great trip.

Tried some of the spots the guys PM'ed me and they all had their merits but found no magic bullet when the walleye fishing was tough due to the weather fronts and wrong barometric pressures. Everyone we spoke to was pretty much on the same page - walleye weren't real aggressive and hard to catch.

The last day the weather changed and we were on fish - problem is - it was the last day .... lol ... thanks again to all the folks who PM'ed me !!!!!
Thanks for the report.

Just wondering, did you try slip bobbering. I have found some success with this when things are as you suggested. I anchor up wind a fair ways and let the slip bobber drift into/through them.

Can I ask how big the pike were?