View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
Right. But had they attempted contact with lease holder but could never get an answer at any if the phone numbers? I know alot of folks who have been calling lease holders since August, leaving many messages, 10 or more, and never successfully getting through. Others on this forum have said “just leave a message that you will be hunting the lease, and thats all that’s required”. Just wondering if anyone has any first account info of taking this route and being charged for trespassing.

QUOTE=CanadianEh;4055372]Yes, some. Guys poached an elk on the lease I had permission on, they did not.

$287 fine. For trespass. Aside from whatever poaching stuff happened.
In regards to not being able to contact the owner of the lease.. This isnt gospel. so dont take it as such.

But if you have record of your attempts, with no response. Print it out and Take it with you. If you get stopped by a CO, I would be willing to bet that your cleared for access. If you just tell them without evidence, they will likely believe the leaseholder.

Funny enough, in regards to my story above, I had the same thing happen. I tried to contact the lease holder for Months. All they had as a contact information was for a FAX line. I ended up researching who owned it and found other contact info that way. They didnt respond once for about 4 emails.

On the 5th Email I said, Consider this my notice to access. If you do not respond to this email, I will take that as confirmation that I am free to access the lease during the hunting season. I will be going on ( xxx dates and xxx date) for the purpose of bow hunting.

Within 1 hour I had an email response saying no you cannot do that., as we are fully booked.

Funny how the response came so quick, after nothing before when I was just politely asking.

on a side note, I always prefer email correspondence with them, so there is a paper trail of what was said and when. Makes it easy to provide evidence.