View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 09:36 PM

At one time it was very easy to get a WCB claim resovled, but I think that due to a lot of fraud, it has now turned the other way, and the people running WCB seem to be more interested in satisfying the employers' desires more than actually looking at a case and deciding on its merits.
Sad, actually.

These days in my area ( Industrial and commercial construction and maintainence), most epmployers would rather an employee go on light duty than be off work and file a claim.
in the case of some injuries this is the way to go, even from an employee's standpoint, because the worker will lose no time at all, and draw his full wages while getting back to full strength.
The report is still filed, so if the injuriy re-occurs, the case can be reviewed.
The employer's WCB rates do not go up, as there is no lost time , either.

The problem , of course, is finding a decent job the worker can do on light duty, and getting things re-opened as occupational if there is a
re- injury!
Cat