View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 02:34 AM

Well the last few months have been a bust. After that last post I got roped into an extra week of work which only left one week at home. I don’t fish when I’m working 3/1 so no fishing that break. This days off the first week was wet and windy. We’ve finally got a break in the wind tomorrow although they’re calling for 30mm of rain. Rosi, Nolan and I are heading out anyway. We can burn gas and drink beer in the rain if needed. Hopefully it’s not raining 30 miles offshore. I doubt Fraser/Hervey bay will happen this year. Rosi went twice and only managed one little black. From all reports it’s been slow up there. It’s possible the easterly winds never blew the warm water and fish in there. Idk cause I haven’t been.

Due to the wind and rain we’ve hardly caught any gar and the bait freezer is looking pretty bare. I did pick up a couple new lures that we can swim tomorrow.

Idk what we will find but by this time last year the mahi were around. Last I spoke to any of the club members was a week ago and no billfish reported but I’ll do an update tomorrow after we give it a good try. One way or another this seasons getting started.