View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 10:36 AM

Default Pine Coulee Reservoir - Please Help

Hey all, I read about Pine Coulee in this forum and decided to try it yesterday. As the lake was new to me, we looked a google earth maps and decided where to fish.....diddnt work. Had a few tip ups out and sat in a little shack jigging. Managed to pull up one small pike but that was it. Then we moved over near the boat launch and set up a bunch of tip ups and fished a couple hours into dark....that seemed to work a bit better as we caught a few ling on the tip ups. Could anyone please provide me with a couple tips on this lake as I think I am going to pull my little fifth wheel there this weekend and fish the nights? Is the bridge a good spot? Is there a bit of current there bringing in the bait fish?

When I was out there I was surprised at how many people were using minnows....honest mistake though as this was a new lake, I had just read the regs on it....no minnows allowed...dont know if I understand this rule if you can still use smelts.

Any help or tips on how to catch some fish at this lake would be greatly appreciated.....dont care how big the fish are, just want to rip some lips....

Thanks in advance.