View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Banned

For the sake of accuracy I feel compelled to point out that the uglystick is not Shakespeare's premium rod. That would be the Agility, I've owned a few Agilitys and they are wicked rods for the price. In the world of fishing rods Uglystick is no Caddy but its a good pickup, depending on the weigh you are chucking and how much you want to spend either the "Catfish" or the "Salmon/ Steelhead" actions will catch you fish. The slow action works well with live bait and Circle hooks so I think they'd make a decent sturgeon rod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
"High end top quality piece" and ugly stick is like calling bologna a steak.

Shakespeare's products, at best, aspire to mediocrity, of which, it's premium rod, the ugly stick is mediocre at best when compared to a "high end top quality piece".

The ugly stick, you will note, does not come in, nor is rated for "action" (which requires some basic engineering). The rod blanks are simply parabolic is design which is old old technology.

This also makes them pretty good rods for certain applications - but they are far, far, far, away from what you are looking for - which is a long, med/hvy to heavy power - fast action rod for you ideal application.

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS ....

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/cont..._Spinning.html

That's the ticket ......