View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 08:59 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlildoggy View Post
Just my 2 Cents......,

I have lived in Alberta my whole life, I have been an avid outdoorsmen my whole life. I have personally noticed substantial changes in many fisheries over the years, and seemingly for the worse. I am sure this for many different reasons aside from the commercial fishery. I just want to regurgitate a little of what has already been said regarding human population increase vs. useable fisheries etc. I feel deeply for the families and the people that earned money from the commercial fishery however my gut tells me and has told me for a while, that Alberta lakes can no longer support this activity. I am old enough to remember much greater angling limits in Alberta and now our lakes cannot barely support a limit to have a fish-fry once or twice a year ......That is all I ever wanted. As a Father to a 3 year old son, this is horribly disappointing. I am in support of any conservation measures that reduce the numbers of fish harvested in hopes that I can teach my son to clean a few fish again one day....... My fear with eliminating the Legal Commercial Fishery is that it will encourage and grow the already lucrative Black Market trade of fish.....
Target whites and you'll be able to have those fish fries.

Thomas Sowell