Thread: Cow Lake
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2023, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Great...another ill informed and stir the pot post. Thanks for coming out...not.

Very existence of this is thread shows the interest in lakes that grow big trout and fast. Sport versus food. Cow lake is one of those lakes that can grow them big and fast. Unfortunately not a good lake for longevity with it being that shallow. A few "quality" managed lakes in AB is a welcome thing and obviously wanted here. I don't know what you have against anglers that actually want to catch big fish...

Also, the limit for Cow is standard keep 5 anyways. You might have to ask yourself why it wasn't actually fished out. I would think the answer is there is already enough keep 5 lakes around and the taste of a trout from a lake like Cow is probably horrible enough to stop most from trying a 2nd time. I recall a younger me that kept a 7 lb rainbow from that very lake and shared with a couple of buddies. We tried a bit of it before it hit the garbage can. Never again for me. Most of our pothole lakes they can put as unlimited and it wouldn't change a thing. Those that do still get fished out will still be. Likely better quality water in those ones. That makes the whole 5 keep limit a pointless discussion.

Since you are so "wise", I dare you to keep 5 over 18 inches when it recovers. You can tell us all how great it is.
Send pics...
Snapfisher Great comments.If people wouldn't tamper[steal]with the aerators.We might possibly see ,the AB record get broken.From this lake.When this election get's put to bed.I no that i'll be contacting the minister responsible & the MLA for the area...