View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 12:10 AM

Thank you VERY MUCH everyone! Really appreciate all of your invaluable feedbacks from your experiences. I've never owned a truck before but sounds like I'll head that direction. SUVs are nice but for my use (esp. towing the boat in summer) it sounds like a truck is better suited (and designed) for that purpose. The truck models I am considering is also $10k less than a smaller engine SUV I was initially comparing with.

My budget is roughly $30k, so the diesel engines, duallys, avalanches, are definitely out of my budget and overkill for my purpose for sure. Although thanks for suggesting that, and my bad as I didn't specify my budget.

I'm currently considering either the Ford F150 Ext Cab with the 4.xL V8 or the GMC Sierra Ext Cab Nevada Package 4.8L V8 (or Chevy Silverado Cheyenne Package 4.8L V8). Hopefully my friend at the GM Dealership can get me an even better deal.

This is probably too early to ask, but where do you guys take it to 'pimp your ride'? or 'sup' it up? around Calgary?
I'll also need those mud flaps thingy that goes across the width of the truck end on the hitch to protect the boat from gravel roads.

Not much asians drives a half ton pickup I guess..but if I do go with it and run in to any of you at the boat launches, come say hi! that'll most likely be me. haha

Thanks,
Sushi