Thread: Type of release
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiekid View Post
I’m wondering what you guys are using for hunting?

I use a wrist strap index finger trigger release.

It seems there are four major options.

Wrist Strap Trigger Release

Handheld Thumb

Handheld Tension

Handheld Hinge

I’m not unhappy with my wrist strap. I have been using it for 5 years but I do find it cumbersome to tuck into a sleeve when in a tree or when still hunting. I think it would be easier to keep hands warm and still be ready with a handheld but don’t actually have any experience with one.
You've already got the release, there are several ways to use it in conjunction with a back tension technique (although I've never had luck with them)

Doesn't need to be tucked into a sleeve and shouldn't be as it's extra movement to get it out of the sleeve if/when an animal approaches. Not going to do any harm if it's folded back outside of your sleeve, while your hand is in your pocket.

I've got a wrist strap release and the ONLY time it's at all cumbersome is when I'm switching hands while carrying the bow. I have to move it around the 6" stabilizer on the front of the bow to carry it in my release hand but that takes all of 1/2 second, and there's never an animal around while I'm carrying the bow in my release hand anyway.

J.