Thread: My Guided Hunts
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 05:25 PM
ANorthwind

The AHEIA Outdoor Womens seminar is a very fun weekend. There are many activities to choose from, everything from shotgun and rifle to fly fishing, to canoeing, to archery, to making walking sticks, to survival of the extremes.... you can camp in a tent, bring a trailer, or stay in cabins.. The food is awesome, and there are extra activities like morning walks, star gazing, and the instructors are always happy to help practice your new skills in the spare time.

I first signed up for the rifle and shotgun, and extreme survival - and a few others... some women just go to have a weekend away, and some get to try things they have always wanted to, but have never done.... I was learning shotgun with a woman in her 50's, and as we watched her blow a clay apart, she turned to the rest of us with this prceless look on her face and said "Ive ALWAYS wanted to do that!!!" From what I hear, a AHEIA gets a lot of responses like that.

The other women that attend are fun and friendly and open. And they are everything from teachers, housewives, farmers, medics, etc... The instructors are patient and there is never any pressure on you to be afraid of asking questions. It is a great weekend, and I recommend you encourage your wife to give it a try - be warned though, she may end up a better shot than you .. haha