View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycr125 View Post
I also attempt fly fishing from time to time but to be honest any encounters i have ever had with a fly fisherman have been negative as they always come off as snotty *****s and by no means do i provoke it, i keep to myself when fishing, i guess they just feel the need to come by and say a few snotty remarks and ruin peoples fun and then they are on their way.

I even have a friend who is strictly a fly fisherman, he cannot even cast a normal fishing rod and has the attitude that he is better than me and that normal fishing is stupid. i don't get it.

however i know all fly fishermen are not like this, i suppose those guys keep to themselves as well. but the people i speak of give fly fishermen a bad reputation.

but then again in fairness i have seen quite a few idiots who spin fish as well

i also agree about the attitude alot of fly fishermen have not being the greatest. there is a very large portion who are people with a lot of money to burn and seem to somehow feel that gives them a high horse. back home we called these folks" L.L beaners" as most were rich arrogant americans who had every gadget ever made and would laugh when they saw me in my duct taped rubber red ball waders lol
i fly fish because i enjoy constantly doing something and i find the fight generally more enjoyable.it also wasnt much of a choice as you can only fly fish for atlantic salmon where im from. as long as its being done legally and morally i couldnt care less weather someone is spin or fly fishing.