View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycr125 View Post
I also attempt fly fishing from time to time but to be honest any encounters i have ever had with a fly fisherman have been negative as they always come off as snotty *****s and by no means do i provoke it, i keep to myself when fishing, i guess they just feel the need to come by and say a few snotty remarks and ruin peoples fun and then they are on their way.

I even have a friend who is strictly a fly fisherman, he cannot even cast a normal fishing rod and has the attitude that he is better than me and that normal fishing is stupid. i don't get it.

however i know all fly fishermen are not like this, i suppose those guys keep to themselves as well. but the people i speak of give fly fishermen a bad reputation.

but then again in fairness i have seen quite a few idiots who spin fish as well

Any time we single out a group of people based on race, religion, methods of madness, car type, car colour, shape of hat, shoe size, type of dog they have, kind of sunglasses they wear, etc......and make a generalizations we tread on thin ice.....

I am a really crappy fly fisherman and I mostly fly fish for pike which makes most "real" fly fisherman snicker....but I have several rods and I have told members here I would help them out give it a try....fold gold-eye on the NSR or pike from shore etc...

We should unite in partaking in the outdoors not thumb our noses at each other based on the choices we make to enjoy it....

LC