View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
Lefty,

Just leave him be. You are not the only one that sees boot and how he is. I am sure most reading this also read the thread between me and him. His posts are and always will be the same. I understand and appreciate his views and posts. But you need to realize is that what he is doing is no different than what he is "accusing" us of doing. Just in a different shape. A case of the kettle calling the pot black (should i use the word black? Maybe boot can focus on that word in his rebuttle to this comment instead of actually addressing the point of my post.) He accuses of of generalizing and stereotyping when in fact that is what he is doing. I tried to tell him in our last confrontation that YES I do and can acknowledge that racism and racists do exist(even on this forum) but that does not mean that you, or I, or everyone associated with this forum who reports a poacher sighting is a racist. But he chooses not to think this way (Maybe the cross he saw me burn in his front lawn confused him a bit.......) and he himself commits a form of bigotry by point a finger and saying we are to blame. We as members of this forum who discuss such topics are either a) racists ourselves or b) encouraging racism and bringing attention to it and in doing so spawning the next generation of racists. Well, I'm sorry but my personal belief is that it is the people who are doing exactly what he is doing that cause more harm than me or you talking about it. He draws more negative attention to these situations than anything. In fact I would be so bold to say that its the "freedom fighters" like him who almost make me want to believe in the racist attitude. But then I remember that it has nothing to do with race. Its just that some people are unable to comprehend things on a larger scale. I am all for going after and stopping people who are actually being racist. but to flame everyone is just being a hippocrate.

In regards to the way he addresses and attacks others. No other explanation than immaturity. A good example is in that last confrontation with him he began bringing my girlfriend into an argument about native rights and freedoms. Apparently the best rebuttle to a well laid argument is personal attack. These type of people will pick and choose parts of an argument that they feel best serve their own argument rather than addressing the statement as a whole. It is just not worth the time to engage it.

Oh and I should state to boot:

No I will not be replying to anything you have to say back to me. I have already wasted enough of my precious time writing this post. I just wanted to address this to Lefty Canuck because he was clearly getting heated over that same issue that I was having and wanted him to just think about it and let it go. It also serves as good reference to any others who in the future have this encounter with you.
Lol, I've never been called a freedom fighter before.

Braun, you spend a lot of energy reading and responding to my posts, but based on your comments, it's too bad you haven't understood any of it. Maybe one day you will... maybe you never will.

FWIW, it was you who brought your girlfriend into our "discussion".