Thread: Black Bear Shot
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteman View Post
One of the most difficult task black bear baiting is to convince the hunter were to place the shot, if you "deer" shoot a bear he is most likely lost in the extreme thick brush, a killing shot is high on the shoulder blade and they drop in there tracks.
A plan came to mind, the on site shooting range has a typical tree stand 25-30 m is average. Hunters hit were they are aiming most have shot deer, elk, moose behind the shoulder bang down, not going to work for beer.
When all hunters finished shooting i asked who would like to shoot a bear, a full size plywood cut out, looked easy, except i had cut a 3 in hole and put some white paper behind---now dont hit my plywood--the number of wounding dropped considerable, of course the hole very high on the shoulder.
What "range" do you go to? Because by the sounds of your post, your range.....

1. Has a tree stand 25-30 meters from the target butt that you can shoot center fire from.

or

2. Allows center fire shooting on a 25-30 meter range and allows you to put up your own wooden target

or

3. Allows you to put up a plywood target at 25-30 meters from the shooting line.

Did someone re-open the "Homestead Range?"